Prefect (S4-S6) would be expected to:
- Attend and assist in the running of whole school events including Parents’ Evenings
- Lead and promote areas of Rights Respecting Schools within the school
- Lead form class activities
- Link with Captains to undertake roles within the school
- Be a role model to other pupils in terms of attendance, behaviour, uniform and conduct.
Charity Leader (S4-S6) would be expected to:
- Initiate, coordinate, organise and manage ALL charity activities for your house
- Lead projects, fund and awareness raising events, charity meetings and house council charity agenda items throughout the year
- Attend and report directly to the House Council on your progress throughout the year
- Manage S3 Citizens who you will work with to make events and projects happen
- Aim to raise the most money for your charity by the end of the school year in competition with other houses.
House Leader (S5-S6) would be expected to:
- Sustain a model of good conduct, timekeeping, uniform and application
- Be able to work as part of a team and demonstrate good personal skills
- Be enthusiastic and able to promote house identity by encouraging pupils of all ages to participate as part of the school community
- Act in a leadership role to the Prefects while being able to support them in their actions
- Promote, plan, organise and lead inter-house events
- Contribute to, initiate and lead fundraising for the House Charities.
School Captain (S6 Only) will have leadership responsibility across a range of activities and work as part of the School Leadership Team, you will be expected to:
- Lead and manage School and House Learning Councils which will require Captains to agree and manage school improvement tasks, encourage pupil voice and support the development of pupil leadership
- Promote and lead by example in House Ethos events by contributing to House Assemblies, Form Class Activities, supporting other House Leadership roles
- Represent the school and your House at events as required by being the best possible role model and public face of Graeme High School, setting the highest standards in all aspects of your relationships, work and conduct
- Manage, and ensure engagement of, School Prefects in their duties including their role in supporting the Rights Respecting School Policy
- Plan and deliver whole school events such as dances/discos, Parents’ Evenings, Remembrance Day events and Leavers’ Ceremony
- Lead teams to undertake the planning and execution of the annual Prom and other optional S6 keepsakes as agreed
- Undertake tasks as directed by the Head teacher and Head of House.