Complaints, Comments and Suggestions Procedure

Falkirk Council Education Service is keen that you should be completely satisfied about your child's  education and we encourage feedback on our services from parents and pupils. We are interested in feedback of all kinds, whether it be compliments, suggestions or complaints.

If you want to register a comment of any type about the school you can do this by writing, e-mailing, telephoning or making an appointment to see the head teacher (or one of her deputes). All feedback is welcome.

If you have a complaint about the school, please let us know.  It is better that concerns are shared openly and resolved quickly, rather than being allowed to damage the relationship between home and school. We will deal with the issue confidentially and as quickly as possible. If we have made a mistake we will apologise and try to put things right.

There are some things which you should take note of in relation to making a complaint:

  • Parents must first consult the school regarding their concerns; the first point of contact is usually the child's depute head of house. Although we try to respond as quickly as possible, issues can sometimes be complex and we will need time to investigate them.
  • The Council’s complaints handling procedure sets a time limit of six months from when the customer first knew of the problem, within which time we can be asked to consider the complaint, unless there are special circumstances for considering complaints beyond this time. The time limit will be applied with discretion.
  • If your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved at this first stage, it may be eligible for consideration at the next stage (by Education Services, Sealock House). Complaints will not be considered by Education Services unless all options have been exhausted by the school to resolve the matter.
  • Complaints can be put in writing, on a complaint form, by telephone or e-mail to: Complaints Officer, Sealock House, Education Services, Falkirk Council, 2 Inchyra Road, Grangemouth, FK3 9XB. Tel: 01324 506694. E-mail:
  • If you remain dissatisfied after the further investigation, you can raise the matter with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. 
  • You should also be aware that you have the right to raise unresolved concerns with your local Councillor, MSP or MP.